Sizzling Summer Dating Series June-August 2013
By Keisha Stoute
Getting noticed is easier than you think; here are some great tips to
make it happen:
1. Go to events by yourself. If you want to meet potential prospects you must go solo. When you are solo you will be more likely to make the best of your time and will create opportunities. Remember you are there for a reason. Do not act shy. Networking, single mixers and themed events are excellent places to start.
2. Look friendly and available. People go by first impressions. If you appear to be closed off with your hands folded in dismay do not be surprised if others are avoiding you. Yikes! Smile a lot and laugh when appropriate. Look like you are having a great time. Initiating conversation is a great way to break the
3. Keep your options open. During this time you may have a lot of contenders approaching you and asking you for your number; give it to the ones you want and keep your options open. Even if you have found someone that you like do not put all your eggs in one basket too soon. Often times people appear to be available when in fact they are not, do not sell yourself short.
4. Don’t go out with anyone the same day you meet them. Believe it or not it happens. These individuals who ask you out on the same day are usually looking for short term fun. If someone is interested in you they will follow your schedule and will make a more appropriate date and public place where you both can meet.
5. Be safe and follow your gut. Don’t fall for the okedoke! Follow you instinct, if something does not sound right then it probably is not. When dating someone new always tell a reliable friend, family member or neighbor where you are going and with whom you are going out with.
Do not over analyze and try not to be too critical. No one is perfect! Dating is a trial and error process so you will live and learn. Have fun getting out and getting noticed!